Apparatus – Engine No. 36

Apparatus – Engine No. 36

Announcement Date: November 14, 1958

Builder:  American LaFrance, Elmira, New York  A Continental V-8, 300 HP gas motor and a 1000 GPM 2-stage centrifugal pump, 400 gallon water tank and 2 booster reels with 200 feet of 1 inch rubber hose, open cab with jump seats. Manufacturer’s Number: SFFD Shop Number: TC-6,   (TC = triple combination.) City & County Number: 145-506 (applied 1970) Crew: Officer and 5 Firemen. Members of engine companies could and can be identified at fires and other emergencies by their all black helmets.

Service History:

1958   Engine Company No. 36, 551 – 26th Avenue
1970   August 11th, motor replaced with a Detroit Diesel 6V71, 195 HP, by the City & County Central Shops, Fire Shop
1970   August 11th, Engine Company No. 42, 2430 San Bruno Avenue
1974   Placed into reserve
19??   Transferred to the Moccasin Volunteer Fire Department, at the City & County of San Francisco Hetch Hetchy Water Shed
2004   Placed out of service and transferred to the roster of the Museum